Monday, December 7, 2015

Beach Paradise at Maldives

I have been wanting to blog about this awesome trip for quite some time already because it's definitely the best holiday of 2015 for me, but my schedule have been so packed that I have not time to do so. Since I will be flying off to two countries for the next two weeks, I know that I have to move my fingers and blog about it now! 

If you do not know where I went last month, the hint will be beach paradise. Yes!!! I can't believe that I went to MALDIVES!!! Seriously this place is my dream vacation destination of my life, and it's so unbelievable that my dream came true this year. I would never expect myself flying to Maldives for a holiday, I thought the only chance that I might go is the day when I have my honeymoon. HAHAHA! 


I have been told that Maldives is one of the most beautiful islands in the world, and pictures online shows how clear the sky and water is. I don't really believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. I found out that Air Asia is currently the only airline that connects Kuala Lumpur directly with Male, Maldives and they fly 3 times a week. So the flight took me 4 hours 10 mins to reach Male, but when I reach it was already night time. Due to the weather, it was impossible to take the speedboat to my hotel, which is W Retreat and Spa so I have to spend a night at Sheraton Hotel which was only 15mins away from the airport. 








The first night hotel was already so amazing with the open-air toilet. HAHAHA... But I'm still very anticipated and excited to head over to W Retreat and Spa Resort. So after breakfast, we took a two hours speedboat ride to the resort and it was a very bumpy ride going through up and down on the ocean. Maldives has a lot of different island, and usually one island is one hotel or resort so it's kinda far to take a speedboat from one island to the other. 






It was all worth it when I step on W Maldives because this island is paradise and a luxury playground of white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons and breathtaking reefs! The view and scenery is exactly like how it looks online. This blogpost will be filled with 50 shades of blue so be ready to go through this trip with me with all the pictures that I took with my new Panasonic Lumix GF7 camera! 













I'm so happy when I step into my room because there is a private pool!!! The room design evokes a sensory experience that reflects the perfect blend of W’s innovative architectural design and contemporary living aesthetics, whilst the colors, materials and glowing elements convey the unique, vibrant and playful personality of the island. Borrowing from the Indian Ocean’s colorful marine life, twinkling stars and fluorescent plankton, the newly stylish yet chic restyled Retreat is set to ‘Let It Glow’. There are a total of 78 Retreats rooms available and the room that I was staying is the "Beach Oasis" which has a perfect view of the beach and there is also the "Ocean Oasis" room that gives you a direct access to the sea from your room. I think the area I spend most of my time in the room is the bathtub because I love to just relax and enjoy a warm bubble bath after a tiring day. HAHAHAHA... 










Having a getaway to such a beautiful island is the time to just relax and enjoy the serenity of the ocean, which is something you can't get from the daily busy city life. So before the sunset activities, I did some water activities and also snorkeling. I only did snorkeling once in Pulau Redang last year, and this time it's my second time. 





The experience was very different this time because what I saw underneath was totally different and I even saw turtles and baby shark. The feeling is like I'm living in the sea, swimming beside all different kind of fishes and the water is so clear that you have a crystal clear view of the breathtaking underwater world.




 
The best thing to do while enjoying the sunset view and the Indian ocean breeze is to have a sip of cocktail or champagne at the bar before dinner. 





Of course you have to eat seafood when you are here, and everyday and every meal there will definitely be prawns and lobster served! This dinner place here called "FISH" that offers breathtaking ocean views and an unforgettable epicurean experience which brings you something out of the ordinary. The Chef’s creativity is unleashed when fresh caught fish and a wide selection of seafood are transformed into delicacies flirting with Asian sensibilities.








 How can you not enjoy good food when you are on a vacation? Set by the beach with your feet in the sand, FIRE offers a romantic and casual dining experience. With a combination of BBQ alternatives such as charcoal grill, tandoor and spit roast, FIRE focus on high quality premium meat, poultry, pork, steak house and chop shop. Not to mention, the dessert is something that I can't resist! Just forget about diet, bye abs hello chocolate cakes  HAHAHA


Party is mandatory even if it's a beach vacation that's why 15BELOW is Maldives’ only underground nightclub. Electrify the evening and dance the night away to global rhythms from their resident DJ. The bar stocks more than 95 varieties of vodka, a mind-bending range of spirits where our mixologists whip up creative cocktails for those who like mixes.
















 This trip is also my first time waking up so early to catch the sunrise and also doing yoga by the Indian ocean. Luckily there is satisfying breakfast and lunch after an hour of yoga session and you see there is always seafood! LOL











Like what I said, a getaway like this you have to relax to the fullest! AWAY Spa is a temple for the body to restore and heal, with the philosophy that true beauty begins with a state of mind. There’s an impressive selection of amazing treatments designed to rejuvenate the soul. Experience one of the most exquisite and luxurious treatments using gold and diamond dust as well as rare and ancient oils to feel totally refueled. My body and muscle is so relax after a full body massage! I think I need another massage very soon already. 



They have this mini fridge along the pathway so that you could grab a drink or an ice cream anytime for free!




Mandatory picture if you are staying at a W hotel. They have a total of 4 "W" signs in this resort, but I only managed to take with 3 because the last one is under the sea. LOL...





This place is definitely paradise and I really hope to come back one day! Feeling so sad when I have to take the seaplane back to the airport but luckily it only takes 25mins. (no more speedboat because having a roller coaster ride for 2 hours is not fun at all!) This is my best trip of 2015 and I am already missing the blues!! If you have not been here, Maldives have no time to wait anymore because the sea level is getting higher day by day and one day the islands might be drown below. :(((


So if you are wondering which camera I'm using for this whole trip, it's the Panasonic Lumix GF7! In fact, most of my pictures in Instagram now is also taken by this camera. I have always wanted a compact and stylish camera so that I can bring to party and event, so I decided to get it before flying off to Maldives because I know with this 16 megapixel camera will definitely snap high quality pictures and with the build in WIFI function it made uploading Instagram pictures so much easier for me. The 180 degree touchscreen tilt monitor also made selfie so convenient anytime anywhere! Now I can take pictures fashionably and I have no regret getting this Lumix GF7 camera!  



3 comments:

  1. the same camera to go underwater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope. using go pro for underwater pictures :)

      Delete

  2. Flynote offers Best International Holiday & Travel Packages and Honeymoon Packages from Bangalore to Maldives.

    ReplyDelete

Counting Since 2012