Tuesday, May 28, 2013

PENANG GETAWAY

Omg, finally I'm back here updating this space. So sorry for the long wait, because I was having assignments and then it was sem break, so I went for a short getaway to Penang!! So for this post, I'm gonna blog about my Penang trip!! It's so sad that this short trip has ended so fast, but writing this post makes me goes back to the happy moment. (can't wait for my next holiday!!) :) So I had a one week holiday, me and my uni mates decided to go for a 3 days 2 nights trip to Penang. *Disclaimer for this post, there will be many pictures, pictures and PICTURES!!* XD


Maybe you are wondering what's with this flat tyre. Alright, I think before every sweet escape there will be some obstacle that we have to face? LOL. Just before departing from KL, we decided to stop at a petrol station to pump some air for the car tyre, and I have totally no idea on what happen, after a short distance of drive, the tyre is flat like this. But we consider our self lucky because this did not happen in the middle of the highway. So after changing a new tyre, we started off driving to Penang. It took us around 3.5 hours, and finally Penang I have reached. XD (sat in the car till butt also pain >.<)



Checking in to the hotel made me so excited, because it's a beach side hotel!! I have not went to the beach for so damn long, I just can't wait to feel the sea breeze. Not to mention, I think the last time I came to Penang was around 10 years ago. OMG!! Was hoping to get a beach view room, but because we booked our hotel last minute, so we only got the partial beach view room. LOL... But still it's ok la, still can see the beach. Hahha

So of course, the first thing to do in our list was beach activities!! Although we arrived around 5pm, but I think the best time to have beach activities is during evening, when the sun is setting and it's not so hot. 



This is my first time trying jet skiing. I was actually kinda scared when I first started the engine and the jet ski will just accelerate. I was so worried that it will go too fast and the jest ski will over turn, and I will be dead in the middle of the sea. hahahhahaa. But after handling it awhile, it was FUN!! It's like driving a car but there is no speed limit and no traffic light. Just accelerate and enjoy the wind.  



Just look at our jump shot, and you know how much fun we had on this beach. Damn "yeng" ( cool in Cantonese) that my friend caught my jumping pose, somehow looks like ballet. I swear I never learn ballet before. LOL


We went for a short swim too in the pool, and look at the calming blue sky, just so relaxing. :)

So for day 2, of course is food hunting time!! Penang is famous with their local cuisine , and coming to Penang is a must to eat, eat and EAT!! It's fine to gain 1-2kg because it's all worth it. Personally, I hope that I could gain more. LOL... So if you are hungry now and reading this post, you will be drooling for the next few minutes. XD 


Ladies and gentlemen, for our first dish, let me introduce you the Penang white laksa. I have heard of it before, but I have no idea how it tastes. After trying it, I love it so much, because the taste is like curry laksa but it's not spicy. They have the special chili to add in, and mixing it together will make it taste like curry laksa. But the soup have a very delightful taste of "santan" (coconut milk). 



Next will be Penang most famous Char Kuey Teow!! If you come, you must have this. The size of the prawn is so big and very juicy, you can't find it elsewhere in KL. Not just that, I realize that what made this dish so delicious is because of the fire. They do not use gas but charcoal , and this is one of the reason why it's so nice!! I have forgotten which street it's at, but luckily we took a picture in front of the shop. LOL 





If you are familiar with Penang, you will know the famous Penang Road cendol and asam laksa. The queue for the cendol is insanely long, and people will still queue up for the cendol even though it's raining. Wanted to have the cendol again before going back to KL, but it was raining, so I gave up. LOL




This asam laksa is from a different stall, and I totally love this one more. LOL. It is located below Kek Lok Si, opposite the market. The environment  is not very clean and nice, but usually only places like this you find good food. HAHA... Maybe they add some special ingredients? XD




Last but not least for food, you can't miss Gurney Drive food court. They have many variety of food that you want to order them all. I have been craving for rojak, but Penang rojak is slightly different from what we have here in KL. The sauce is more salty and the fruits is also difference. And they don't have the crispy crackers :( *SAD* Are you guys hungry and drooling already? Cause I'm hungry now writing this post. Hahahhahahaa.....





Since it's Wesak Day, we went to Kek Lok Si 极乐寺 to pray. Kek Lok Si is one of Penang most famous temple, with more than 120 years of history.  



Wishing tree. A tree where people will tie their wishing ribbon on the tree. All the ribbons comes in different colours, making the tree so colourful. :) 






You have to take the cable car up to the hill to witness this 30.2m bronze Kuan Yin statue. It was to replaced the previous white plaster Kuan Yin statue which was damaged due to a fire during 1993. The bronze statue is located on the hillside above the pagoda while the head of the previous statue which survived the fire is preserved and placed on the right hand corner of the new statue.








Finally, the last destination of my trip is the mural street. After artist Ernest Zacharevic painted his art on the wall of Penang street, this has been one of the tourist attraction for Penang. If you would come to Penang, you would want to take a picture with this vivid alive murals. I really appreciate how artistic and talented he is, and how he made a dull street so special and alive. But I am also very sad and heartbroken that there is some mural that have been destroy or vandalize. I just don't understand why can't people appreciate the art, and why must they destroy it. 


So that's all for my Penang trip. Bye Penang, you will be miss. And now I am craving for another beach side vacation. I'm in love with beach!! :) 



3 comments:

  1. you so tall!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the hotel you stayed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grreat information about Penang travel. For everyone who need to know about price of Penang airport private transfer, please contact with GoAsiaDayTrip - the most trusted airport transfer and day tour company in Southeast Asia.

    ReplyDelete

Counting Since 2012